The Small Assisted Living Coalition offers a range of services, for individuals who are seeking Senior care options and member benefits for Professionals.
Hospice is a special kind of care for people who no longer pursue a cure for their illnesses at the end of life. With hospice, care is prioritized with comfort and quality of life being the focus. This is achieved by reducing pain and suffering.
Hospice provides quality care through a team approach and offers a means to achieve what people say they really want at the end of life:
- A choice about services available.
- Someone to be sure the patient’s wishes are enforced.
- Supportive care from the patient’s own physician.
- Emotional and spiritual support for patients and families.
- Pain and symptom control tailored to the patient’s wishes.
- An opportunity for the patient to put his/her life in order.
- The option to remain in their own home, assisted living community or nursing facility.
- How comfort is defined is up to each individual or, if the patient is incapacitated, the patient’s family.
- This can include addressing physical, emotional, spiritual and/or social needs. In hospice care, patient-directed goals are integral and interwoven throughout the care.
Hospice Providers vary by location & region. To learn more about Hospice Care or to get help choosing a provider, we have provided the following link for you to gain more insight https://www.floridahospices.org/hospice-palliative-care/about-hospice/choosing-a-hospice/
Choosing a Hospice | Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association
Choosing a hospice is a very important decision. While all hospice providers may have the same basic philosophy of care, each are different in some way. Hospice providers are very willing to answer questions and assist in determining which hospice can best meet the needs of you and your family.